Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Old Friends

This last week I got a visit from the Government. An old college friend of mine who I'll call Steve and I used to be very active environmentalists. Steve was an active member because truly believes in what he's doing. I once believed but I must admit that I was drawn more to the danger than to the cause. Steve continued on and I eventually went on to others things. As a member of the ELF, Steve is a very wanted person. From time to time I would get a visit from the FBI or other such government agency. Especially if Steve was thought to be in town. I would occasionally get a feeling of being followed. Once I even knew I was followed and convinced the surveillance team I was up to something and had them going nuts trying to figure out what I was up to. I would sometimes hear a click when I picked up the phone. I can't visit my grand parents in Barcelona because I am a "known associate of a wanted 'terrorist'". I've never had reservations about my friendship with Steve. The visit I got last week was truly a surprise. I hadn't had a visit from anyone in over a year or two. Seems that they somehow lost track of me and decided in the current climate that I warranted some attention. I had a fun time durring the interview. I thought it was very funny that they would lose track of me. Since I am constantly checking in with the VA and until this last year I lived at the same adress for over 5 years. They went over the same scripted interview as usual till I got under their skin and left in disgust. Gotta love 'em

No comments: